This is really just a personal blog for me to keep track of my health symptoms. I am constantly educating myself on diet and other health issues. If you feel that any of my information has helped you, or if you have any questions, please leave a comment or e-mail me.
The reason for this blog :
At the age of 12, I started getting sick. First it was headaches, every day at school. My mom didn’t know what to do, don’t think she even took me to the doctor, just gave me aspirin. I was sick all through Jr. High and High School. Colds, laryngitis, bronchitis, something called “walking pneumonia”. One semester in High School, I was sick for the ENTIRE semester. I didn’t eat much in High School, could easily go the whole day with just one yogurt (I usually felt much better when I didn’t eat much …) I was thin and my mom took me to the doctor (they probably thought I had an eating disorder) The doctor’s advice ? Drink more milkshakes … (which of course made me feel worse with allergy symptoms …)
Things got a little better when I got out of school, except when I was 20, I had an emergency surgery to remove an ovarian cyst that had crushed my ovary. Things were OK for a little while after that …
Then, about a year after my son was born, I started having problems with my ears, diagnosed as “Eustachian Tube Dysfunction”, then as “Patulous Eustachian Tube” (which is basically the opposite …) The doctors were no help, and I just gave up … well over the past 7-8 years, things have not gotten any better, in fact, worse.
I have been feeling generally “unwell”: allergies, sinus pain & pressure, sore, achy feeling all over, headaches, and an incredible annoying “pounding” in my right ear.
Doctors are no help, allergy medicines are no help, have had CAT scan which showed no problems.
I am currently changing my diet/exercise to try and improve my health. We’ll see how it goes …
* Update – As of October 2013, I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hypermobility Syndrome (the Hypermobility Syndrome alone would explain most, if not all, of these symptoms) if you are interested, please read this PDF:
- Allergies (nasal allergies)
- Sinus pressure & pain
- Pulsatile Tinnitus (“pounding” in right ear)
- “Crackling” in both ears (was more in left ear, now more in right ear)
- Tinnitus (doesn’t really bother me that much, but might be significant …)
- All over stiff, achy feeling (sort of like the flu)
- Pain in joints (particularly right shoulder/neck area)
- Fatigue, tired all the time
Other Health Issues:
- “Growing Pains” as a child that kept me from sleeping well
- Dental enamel problems, cavities
- Toe joint pain, first in right foot, then in left
- Nearsightedness (Myopia)
- “Brain Fog” – since I was VERY young!
- Endometriosis & Dysmenorrhea
- Vericose Veins/Spider Veins
- Carpal Tunnel (right arm – from data entry)
- Cyst/Lump above left knee (Possibly Lipoma?)